This is an internship position for a driven, organized person to work with closely with the Director of Operations and Executive Assistant, helping the GrowHaus run smoothly. This position is a unique opportunity to see and experience how a growing non-profit organization is run day-to day. This new position has many different avenues that could be pursued, therefore we’ll be able to mold aspects of the position to fit the intern, their desired future career and desired skills.
This individual will work closely with the Director of Operations (DO) who has a wide range of high level behind-the-scenes responsibilities. The DO oversees GrowHaus facilities; HR; internal communications; food safety efforts; half of GrowHaus’ programs including food production (farms), food distribution, internship program, and event planning; as well as assists with executive tasks such as strategic planning, budgeting, and fundraising. The assistant will help with many tasks across this wide range, and will have the option of focusing on specific projects that interest them. The assistant will also work with the Executive Assistant (EA) on several weekly tasks.
This position provides a unique opportunity to learn about event planning, organization management, project and program oversight, long-term planning, human resources and more. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented and creative, with a desire to gain experience in nonprofit management. GrowHaus internships are not paid, but come with unique benefits.
- Responsibilities may vary day to day; assistant will wear many different hats
- Assist with planning and execution of events, including GrowHaus’ four major annual events: Seed Swap, Neighborhood Block Party, Winter Festival, and Earth Day
- Perform administrative tasks
- Attend various program and team meetings, take minutes
- Salesforce entries
- Facility usage coordination assistance
Long Term Projects:
- After the first month of training/learning, the Assistant will select 1-3 specific projects to focus on, based on skills and interests
- Research across a wide variety of operations projects, such as: capital improvements, construction, HR, food storage techniques, community engagement models, food safety, and more
- Help with human resources efforts: team member appreciation, research, handbooks, policy creation, etc.
- Represent the GrowHaus at special events
- 4-6 month commitment
- 10-15 hours/week
Skills and Requirements:
- Self- starter, motivated and willing attitude, a natural ‘organizer’
- Competent research skills
- Detail-oriented and able to keep complex projects on-schedule
- Proficiency with technology, especially including Google Drive
- Friendly and respectful, with good interpersonal skills
- Interest in healthy eating, cooking, gardening, sustainability, community work etc.
- Interest in construction project management and administrative tasks
- Experience in community outreach/organizing, marketing, graphic design, etc. preferred
- Applicants from diverse backgrounds encouraged
Please apply here