COMMUNITY OUTREACH INTERN
The GrowHaus is a resident-centered organization, and that means we work very closely with our neighbors. Between our food box program, daily market, regular classes, and workshops, we have plenty of news to spread to residents of our neighborhood. The Community Outreach Intern will help staff to promote The GrowHaus programs within our neighborhood, as well as solicit feedback from residents about how we could be doing better.
● Assist staff ‘Promotoras’ in planning and implementing community outreach efforts
● Assist with promotion of programs, including flyering, canvassing and tabling at schools, churches, and community centers
● Promote our weekly food box program and daily fresh food market
● Assisting with the promotion and participation of our micro-farmer training course
● GrowHaus maintenance as needed, for example watering plants, general clean-up
● Monday Free Food Pantry: assisting with set-up, distribution of food, direct volunteers, clean-up, speaking with residents about their experience, assisting with any surveys, etc.
● Making calls to neighborhood residents to help promote programs or obtain feedback
● Attend market and/or translate for customers
● Attend special events at GrowHaus or on behalf of GrowHaus
- 4-8 month commitment
- 10-15 hours/week
Skills and Requirements:
● Bilingual in Spanish and English
● Applicants from diverse backgrounds encouraged
● Friendly and respectful, with good interpersonal skills
● Interest in healthy eating, cooking, gardening, sustainability etc.
● Pride and passion for Elyria/Swansea/Globeville community
● Experience in community outreach/organizing, marketing, graphic design, etc. preferred
● Comfortable speaking in front of groups
● Familiarization with logic models
Please apply here